Ambition

"You just can't beat the person who never gives up."
~Babe Ruth

"Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings."
~Salvador Dali

"Achievement results from work realizing ambition.
~Adam Ant

"A young man without ambition is an old man waiting to be."
~Steven Brust

"I think ambition can be having something that you are good at and love to do."
~Hilary Duff

"Ambition never comes to an end."
~Kenneth Kaunda

"My ambition is to be happy."
~Penelope Cruz

"My biggest ambition is never to be bored. I am not aggressive enough to strongly run after being an actress."
~Anjelica Huston

"My one ambition was to go to Broadway, and i never gave up on that dream."
~David Hasselhoff

"My only ambition is to be true every moment i am living."
~Julietee Binoche

"A man with a burning ambition is seldom fired."
~Anonymous

"The tragedy is that so many have ambition and so few have ability."
William Feather

"Ambition may be defined as the willingness to receive any number of hits on the nose."
~Wilfred Owen

"I had a burning ambition. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have accomplished it."
~Claire Bloom

"Never let inexperience get in the way of ambition."
~Terry Josephson

"Time is the only critic without ambition."
~John Steinbeck

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
~Oscar Wilde

"Only those who push too far, see how far they can go."
~Anonymous

"Those with desire will always beat those who only have ability."
~Anonymous

"I’ve got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom."
Thomas Carlyle

"Be the master of your will and the slave of your conscience."
~Hasidic Proverb

"Wise men know their limits; great men know none."
~Unknown

"I knew it would ruin my arm, but one year of 25-7 is worth five of 15-15."
~Steve Stone

"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."
~Steven Wright

"One’s determination will lead to others success."
~Haran Alal

"When ambition ends, happiness begins."
~Thomas Merton

"Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition."
~Timothy Leary

"Ambition, in a private man is a vice, is in a prince the virtue."
Philip Massinger

"The incentive to ambition is the love of power."
~William Hazlitt

"Maybe wanting to retire is my ambition."
Brenda Blethyn

"The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition."
~Carl Sagan

"I did not want to be depressed by the gap existing between my weakness and my ambition."
~Ella Maillart

"I have no ambition to govern men; it is a painful and thankless office."
~Thomas Jefferson

"Don’t let ambition get so far ahead that it loses sight of the job at hand."
~William Feather

"Ambition is a drug that makes its addicts potential madmen."
~Emile M. Cioran

"Ambition is not what a man would do, but what a man does, for ambition without action is fantasy."
~Bryant H. McGill

"My ambition is to have beautiful encounters, not to make money."
~Juliette Binoche

"My ambition when I started out was to play two or three gigs a week. And that`s what I`m doing."
~Van Morrison

"It`s very frustrating. The lads showed a lot of ambition in the first half, they went out to sustain it in the second but couldn`t build on it."
~Andy Robinson

"One thing all stage mothers share is an overpowering ambition for their daughters."
~Lawrence Welk

"Ambition often puts Men upon doing the meanest offices; so climbing is performed in the same position with creeping."
~A. C. Benson

"If you have ambition, you might not achieve anything, but without ambition, you are almost certain not to achieve anything."
~Whitfield Diffie

"Don’t waste your time thinking about who you ought to be, just be content with who you’re becoming."
~Anonymous

Popular Quotes